Saturday, April 25, 2009

What is my LoHAS?

From my working holiday experience at New Zealand, i admire lifestyle of Kiwi which is relaxing, low profile, self sustain and happy in a breathtaking environment... some people say they want to life that way when they retired... But why don't i practice that starting from now?

I like nature green, i think that is the reason why i like gardening and landscaping, some space beside my home at Alor Setar gave me opportunity to extend my interest, but i'm only a good helper for my mother, who organize and run the garden, i'm working at Penang, and i can only contribute if i go back during weekend . I'm observing on how resident and state goverment lanscaping around and always imaging a good one for my garden. Hiking also let me get close to nature, i think that is really a good activities physically and mentally.

I promote the idea of environmental friendly, my working office prom0te that with slogan of 3R, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle... Reduce, should be the significant first, environment exploited to made products, which use to fulfill OUR demand, so if we don't request for that, minimun environment will be exploited... Some new idea that i adopt is do not eat much meat, as farmer need to feed "them" a lot of raw food before they get produce meat, so why don't we eat those raw food directly... For instant, grass, hehe...

Few months ago, i read about LOHAS from newspaper, which is already common across Europe. I think that is the lifestyles that i practice, except i did not purchase those product... LOHAS is Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability, its focused on health and fitness, the environment, personal development, sustainable living, and social justice.

In manufacturing world, we talk about RoHS, but at here, let's talk about LoHAS....

1 comment:

樱子 said...

Roughly read a LOHAS book at borders last time...
Jia You!!! for what you aim for. All the best ;)

Post a Comment